At pick up, on the day of your reservation, a security deposit hold will be placed on your payment method. Deposit amounts vary by vehicle but range between $50-$150.
This is a refundable deposit hold. (It is very similar to the damage and incidentals deposit that hotels will place on your credit card.)
The entirety of your security deposit hold will be released and returned to your available funds once your vehicle has been returned without any damage, incidentals or pending charges.
You will receive an email from Fetch when your security deposit hold is released.
More about refundable security deposits:
- The deposit will be in the from of an authorization and hold on your payment method, the funds are not removed from your account- rather they are made unavailable by your bank.
- Once you have returned your Fetch vehicle and ended the reservation, your security deposit will be released back to your bank within 2 days from rental end date.
- Because the deposit refund is issued as a reversal, you will not see a refund credit on your statement—you'll simply see the original authorization/deposit drop off your statement entirely after a few days and those funds will once again be available. There will be no payment, and no refund. It'll appear as if the whole transaction never happened.
Still don't see your security deposit release?
- If Fetch has confirmed release of your deposit but you still see a hold of funds, it could be due to a processing delay with your bank. For an accurate and updated date of release, please contact your bank.
- If there are any damages or incidentals remaining from your rental, these amounts may be deducted from your deposit release.
Note: Once Fetch releases your security deposit, your bank may take additional time to process the release back into your account. If it has been more than 10 days since the end of your rental, and your security deposit is still showing as being held on your account, please contact your bank to request expedited processing.