The Fetch device enables your vehicle connect to the Fetch system and enables you remote lock/unlock, telematics and security for your vehicle.
The Fetch device plugs into the OBD2 port of your vehicle to supply power and telematics data.
Immobilizer installation instructions
We recommend taking your vehicle to a local car audio/electronics shop to install the device and providing them these instructions:
- (30) goes to the source side of the splice
- (86) also goes on the source side of the splice
- (87) goes to the sink side of the splice
- (85) is connected to the Fetch immobilizer (-)
How to test if immobilizer is working properly:
1) Start your car
2) Click the "immobilize function" in your vehicle page within your Fetch account. Your vehicle should continue running. If it shuts down, then the immobilizer has been installed incorrectly.
3) Turn off your car
4) Attempt to start your car again. It should *not* start. This means the immobilizer function is working.
5) Click the "Mobilize" button in your vehicle page within your Fetch account. You should now be able to start your car.
Installing remote lock/unlock with the door lock actuators
If you have not provided Fetch with a spare key fob to power your remote lock/unlock, you can connect the Fetch device to your door locks to trigger the remote lock and unlock.
Provide this diagram to your installer.
Securing the Fetch device and hiding it within your car
Once your Fetch device is successfully connected to your car, you can now secure your device. We recommend securing the device within an open space within your car, such as below your car stereo. (See photo below.) Ask your installer to secure the device within one of these spaces.