What to do when you find damage to your vehicle after a rental
- If you discover damage to your vehicle, the most important first step is to take photos of the damaged vehicle.
- Assess if the vehicle is safe to rent. If not, please unlist the vehicle immediately.
- Reach out to Fetch to report the damage.
- The best way to do this is by emailing our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Damage to XX Vehicle”.
- Always include pictures of the damage, date the damage was found, link to the reservation where you think the damage occurred, and if the vehicle has been unlisted or not.
- After an investigation, Fetch will capture the renter’s deposit if it is available and hold the amount until the cost of the damage is assessed.
What if the cost of the damage exceeds the deposit amount?
- Reach out to the renter directly with the quote for repairs and photos of the damage included. Ask them how they would like to settle the amount. You’ll be responsible for working with the renter to settle any unpaid balance.
- If the renter is unresponsive, You may want to submit a claim to your insurance depending on the repair amount. In this case, you may need to request information from Fetch.
How to Request a Rental Agreement
Request a copy of the Rental Agreement by emailing Fetch at email@example.com, with the subject line “Rental Agreement Request - CUSTOMER NAME”. In your email, please include the reservation number/date so we can identify the correct rental. Our team will process the Rental Agreement and send it back to you shortly.
Once your claim is successfully submitted, keep Fetch updated by replying to your original maintenance ticket. If you are having problems collecting all the necessary information for your claim, let us know so we can help.
Once your vehicle has been repaired, send proof of the repairs to the Fetch team so your vehicle can be re-listed and fill out the maintenance checklist.
Quick Reference List of Responsibilities in an Incident
- Responsible for obtaining a quote on the repairs of the damage.
- Responsible for communicating the repair estimate to Fetch and the renter and working with them to settle any unpaid balance.
- Submits claims to insurance.
- Submits the Vehicle Maintenance Checklist after repairs are finalized.
- Maintains and provides the Rental Agreements for all Fetch rentals.
- Provides photos of the before and after rental process.
- Can capture the renter’s deposit to assist in covering the cost of repairs.
- Will transfer upcoming renters to another vehicle if a vehicle must be unlisted.
- Will re-list the vehicle after the Vehicle Maintenance Checklist is completed.