SUMMARY OF VEHICLE OWNER EARNINGS AND PROTECTION PLANS
Protection plans for Fetch partners are secondary to any insurance or reimbursement provided by a vehicle renter.
Note: Coverage is not available for autos registered or picked up in New York.
Peer-to-peer truck and cargo van rentals completed on the Fetch platform may be protected
by the DigiSure Protection Package, providing coverage to both owners and renters. While
the price will be tailored to the individual rental transaction, P2P owners and renters will be
offered the same liability and loss protection coverage.
Owners that do not have an existing commercial insurance policy covering their vehicles will be protected by a $1 million liability insurance policy during the rental period. In
order to maintain coverage under the DigiSure Protection Package, vehicles must be maintained in accordance with Fetch's vehicle maintenance standards. Vehicle's must be in good working order, including brakes, tires, and vehicle fluids. Tires must have 50% tread or greater at time of rental.
DigiSure reserves the right to request inspection and service records as part of the claims
process, and a claim may be rejected if these requirements are not met.
In the event of physical damage incurred during a rental, Fetch will work with you to recover damages from your renter. Fetch requires all renters to provide their own valid collision and liability insurance. In the event of physical damage to your vehicle, Fetch will assist you in working with renters, and their insurance, to repair your vehicle.
The following exclusions apply at the policy level for all coverages:
● Any driver/operator exposure for a vehicle/renter that has its own verified commercial
● Any use where a Fetch telematics device has not been installed
● Any loss due to loading and unloading of the vehicles
● Any loss or damage of vehicle contents
● Any use by an operator that has not passed DigiSure’s TrustScore screening.
● Any vehicles that are not pickup trucks or cargo vans
● Assault and battery
● Sexual abuse and molestation
● Communicable Diseases
(rental car companies that have commercial rental liability insurance)
Fetch P2P Partners
|3rd Party Liability Insurance||$0||
Secondary protection provided by the DigiSure Protection Package, up to $1,000,000.
Physical Damage provided by Fetch
(renters are responsible for reimbursing owners for vehicle damage
(no insurance provided by Fetch)
Secondary protection provided by the DigiSure Protection Package, up to $35,000 in value, with a $1,000 deductible.
|Portion of trip price kept by Vehicle Owner||80%||
Bodily injury and property damage to third parties
The DigiSure Protection Package ensures P2P Partners against legal exposure for claims of bodily injury or property damage to a third party (meaning someone or something else) that may occur during a Renter's trip with your vehicle. The policy provides coverage up to a combined single limit of $1,000,000.
Personal Injury Protection (“PIP”)
The DigiSure Protection Package provides the minimum amount of PIP coverage allowed by law in those few states where PIP coverage is required by law and cannot be waived.
PIP typically protects Renters and passengers (up to a stated dollar amount) for medical, funeral, and similar expenses. This protection applies regardless of who was at fault. The scope of PIP coverage varies by state.
PIP isn’t required in all states and may be waived in some states. Fetch has either waived this coverage entirely or subscribed to the lowest limit allowable by state law. Hosts and Guests are bound by Fetch's election. In addition, they agree to be bound by that election under the Terms of Service.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist (“UM/UIM")
The DigiSure Protection Package includes the statutory minimum amount of UM/UIM coverage in those few states where UM/UIM coverage is required by law and cannot be waived.
UM/UIM coverage, when available, protects renters and P2P partners from losses resulting from bodily injury caused by an uninsured driver, hit and run driver, a driver whose limits of liability have been exhausted, or a driver whose insurer is insolvent while in the shared Vehicle during the Reservation Period.
Fetch has either waived this coverage entirely or subscribed to the lowest limit allowable by state law. partners and guests are bound by Fetch's election. In addition, they agree to be bound by that election pursuant to the Terms of Service.
Fetch is not an insurance company and does not have or offer insurance for Physical Damage to your Vehicle. In the event of physical damage to your vehicle that occurs during a Fetch rental, Fetch will work with you to recover damages from your renter. Fetch requires all renters to provide their own valid collision and liability insurance. In the event of physical damage to your vehicle, Fetch will assist you in working with renters, and their insurance, to repair your vehicle.
In the event of Fetch being able to recover repair funds from your renter, the DigiSure Protection Package, provides up to $35k in secondary physical damage protection, with a $1,000 deductible.
Starting a Claim
In the event of an incident or damage event during a Fetch rental, Fetch partners must submit a claim within 24 hours of the end of the rental during which the incident or damage occurred. Please follow the outlined steps to submit a claim.
- Pre-existing damage present before the start of a Fetch rental;
- Interior Wear and Tear;
- Exterior Wear and Tear for Vehicles
- Mechanical Failures
- Incidents or damage that occur during or after any period in which the partner is in violation of the Fetch Terms of Service;
- Damage to aftermarket accessories
- Damage to any personal items left in the vehicle;
- Damage to, or resulting from, tires that are defective, have excessive wear & tear or dry rot, have tread depth less than 4/32 inch, were not properly inflated prior to the reservation, or are 6 or more years old.
- Scrapes, scratches, dings regardless of size, to the underside of bumpers, air deflectors and underbody panels.
- Dings, dents, scratches, and creases less than 3”
- For any vehicle with a Fetch device that is not listed or available to rent, a $50/monthly subscription fee may be applied
- A cancellation fee may be applied for any owners that cancel reservations or are unable to fulfill reservations for Fetch customers
- Owners are responsible for any costs or fees associated with recovering, towing or repairing a vehicle during a Fetch rental