When elected and purchased by the Renter, The Basic Protection Package is excess liability insurance that protects you, the renter as listed on the rental agreement, against third party automobile claims for bodily injury and property damage caused during permitted use of the Rental or Shared vehicle.
The limits of protection will correspond to the minimum financial responsibility in the appropriate jurisdiction should an accident occur.
If there is any other valid and collectible insurance in effect (i.e. personal automobile liability coverage) then the available protection under the Basic Protection Package would be reduced by the amount of the underlying insurance. Coverage is always in excess to other valid and collectible insurance.
Coverage does not apply to vehicles provided by a rental company that has commercial rental liability insurance covering its vehicles.
The renter is fully responsible for damage, losses, or other liabilities that may occur during
time of rental. Any damage or loss to the vehicle must be reported as soon as safely
possible after any emergency needs are addressed. At maximum, any incurred damage or
loss must be reported within 48 hours. Damage to the vehicle’s interior will not be covered
by the DigiSure Protection Package.
Renters will be provided with the following protection:
DigiSure Protection Package Limits
Combined Single Limit (Bodily Injury Liability
and Property Damage Liability):
State minimum after payment of deductible
Damages to your rental vehicle
In the event there is no other valid and collectible insurance in effect, the protection plan provides up to $35k in secondary physical damage protection, with a $1,000 deductible.
● The vehicle will be operated only on designated roadways commonly used by the
● The vehicle will not be operated by any driver:
a. under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
b. other than Renter and Additional Drivers named in the Booking Form, or a
licensed vehicle maintenance service person.
c. whose driver license is suspended or revoked.
d. for any unlawful purposes or pursuits.
e. outside of the fifty (50) states of the United States.
● The vehicle will not be used:
a. to push any vehicles.
b. to tow any vehicle, device or trailer.
c. in preparing for, or participating in, any racing, stunting, or any similar competition
with the vehicle, or on the track in any facility designed for racing, speed contests or
driver training, unless only crossing to park on the infield.
d. by anyone while sending or receiving any electronic message, text (SMS) or
e. in the commission of a crime or any act of vandalism, terrorism or any other illegal
● The vehicle will not be towed except by a licensed towing service vehicle qualified by
and approved by DigiSure or Owner for towing.
● No person will be allowed to climb onto the roof of the vehicle, even if the vehicle is
equipped with a rear ladder.
● No person will occupy the vehicle while it is being towed by another vehicle.
● The vehicle will not transport any flammable, toxic, volatile, poisonous, dangerous, or
illegal substances except as required for the normal operation of the vehicle or in
connection with normal vehicle systems as designed by the manufacturer, and then
only in the safe and approved storage designed for the vehicle’s operational use.
● There will be no mechanical service to the vehicle, nor replacement of parts or
accessories, during the rental without prior approval from the Owner, DigiSure, or its
● The vehicle will not be used in violation of any express policy or instructions provided
by the Owner in addition to this Rental Agreement.
● Neither pets nor other animals (other than a service animal) shall be allowed in the
vehicle without consent from the Owner.
● No smoking shall be allowed in the vehicle without consent from the Owner.
● Riding in the cargo area of the vehicle is not permitted.
The following exclusions apply at the policy level for all coverages:
● Any driver/operator exposure for a vehicle/renter that has its own verified commercial
● Any delivery platform exposure when such use isn’t reported prior to the rental
● Any use where a telematics device has not been installed
● Prohibited delivery platforms and specific periods
● Any loss due to loading and unloading of the vehicles
● Any loss or damage of vehicle contents
● Any use by an operator that has not passed DigiSure’s TrustScore screening.
● Any vehicles that are not pickup trucks or cargo vans
● Ridesharing/passenger conveyance
● Assault and battery
● Sexual abuse and molestation
● Communicable Diseases
● Our coverage will be excess over any collectible insurance, when allowable by state
law or statute.
● Our insurance limits are eroded by any commercial coverage for delivery platform
● If any accident or loss occurs as a result of an unauthorized driver or use, as defined
by Fetch‘s eligibility, renter agreement and/or terms of service or any equivalent, the
auto liability limits shall be capped at the state minimum allowable by law and any
physical damage to the vehicle will be the responsibility of the renter.
● Coverage is not available for autos registered or picked up in New York.
● The first named insured is responsible for any deductibles not paid by renter.
● ALAE (Allocated Loss Adjustment Expense) is subject to deductible recoveries.
● There is no stacking of coverage limits allowed.
Any violation of the above terms will result in loss of coverage under the DigiSure